Christ Covenant's Beliefs:
We believe in the essentials of our faith as described in Ephesians 4:4-6 - 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
We believe the Gospel, which is the good news of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
We believe that the Bible is the primary authority for our faith and practice.
We believe that we are only a part of the group of God’s people known as the church, who find commonality and unity in Christ.
We believe that our purpose is found in the mission of God to which he calls and invites us to participate in as Christ’s disciples, following his teachings and example.
We believe that Christ is our Lord and the foundation of our faith. Christ's teachings mature and strengthen us. His teachings serve the purpose of training, edifying and growing us to the point of becoming more and more like Jesus.
Some of those teachings are:
· The honoring of all individuals everywhere because they are people for whom Christ died
· The loving treatment of the hurting because of Christ’s commandment and example
· Works of mercy and service to be a change agent in the community
· The importance of staying away from idolatry and immorality
· Meaningful assembly worship with singing, praise and joy
· The church as a Spirit-filled body of believers
· The power of the Holy Spirit in our lives
· The weekly observance of communion
· The continual study of Holy Scripture
· The absolute sanctity of life
· Baptism by immersion
· The local church under the leadership of Shepherds (elders)